Tuesday 16 April 2013

I wish I was blond.


Yes, yes, I know. I'm female hence I am more likely to change my mind every second of my life. I'm not denying that at all. It's just one of those things... When you have straight hair, you want it curly. When you have short hair, you want it long. When you have ginger hair, you want it brown. And when you have dark hair, you want it blond. That's it. as simple as that.

By blond I don't mean perfect Gwyneth Paltrow-like straight blond rays of light falling gracefully on her shoulders. I want more like I-seriously-couldn't-care-less Kate Moss kind of hair. A bit unruly, a bit naughty, a bit I-cut-it-myself hair that goes lighter in the summer and darker in winter. As I became obsessed with all sorts of Pinterest hairstyle walls I started seeing myself as a blond girl. Well, I love my current colour. It was a bit of an accident (never get your hair dyed when catching up on gossip over a glass of wine) but I think it happened for a reason. I would never dare to make it soooo dark consciously.

The only scary thing is that I will end up looking like Big Bird (yes, the one form the Sesame Street) with a bunch of yellowish dry locks. And that would not be desirable, for obvious reasons. Oh, the perks of being a girl! First things first though. I'm off to see my hairdresser tomorrow and I can hear him say 'Are you mad?' as I pop the blond question... Have you gone from dark to blonde? Any tips?





















photos via Elin Kling, Angelica Blicks, Vogue UK, Pinterest and Tuula Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment